Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Think Therefore I Exist

Life can suck. That seems to be a simple enough statement. There are times when life truly sucks, but then sometimes it does not. Can much more be said than that? Is there something that I am missing? I feel that ranting about sadness might not be fun, but I believe that in doing so I might be able to discover some universal truth.

I am making my best attempts to move forward in my life but there are times when memories are triggered by the simplest of things. Its hard to not get angry, all the happiness that you once had, all gone, and you did nothing wrong. You can make every attempt to keep things going, but its not a one sided game, if your partner lets it slip through the cracks there is nothing you can do. She falls for some other guy, someone you never met, someone you never would have trusted, it was all in your gut, and you even let these feelings come to the light of day but it never mattered.

She seems to want to go back to where we were before it all started. To be just friends, but I feel like a lot of that friendship was based in feelings for each other, and she is not entirely like that girl she was before. I don't believe I could do that, it would be to easy to find those feelings again, to fall again. As well there feels to be too much pain and anger, all which would need to be let out before anything can happen, she must bear the burden of strife and hardship before I can truly forgive her.

She feels no need to hear what I believe is the truth, yet if she herself did not believe it she could ignore it and take it in stride, but only if she believes it would she see the need to hide from it. Could that be why, she wants to talk but cannot bear my anger, the written word could easily be weakened. There is no voice, no volume to it, much of the true emotion is void.

That alone does not simply anger me even more. Given the opportunity pain could be made more bearable if one is not alone, someone to hold, to be there for you. You left me behind, all alone, and you yourself are not. How am I supposed to feel? How can you expect me to be able to go to something so quickly? It feels like I was hit by a bus, yet you try and say things that are of no help. In simplicity, you may have done what you think was the right thing, but guess what, I think you fucked up. It might be a strong word that typically should not be used, but there is little else of any way to make that statement.

For those who may have made it this far, which I feel like not many have even come close, I apologize for the previous rant. Stream of thought can be a very tedious thing to read through.

A friend sent me a video the other day to watch. I must say, it succeeds in its purpose, which is to motivate. The following is the video, and I must say, it truly reaches deep and can strike a good chord or two.


The video comes from a site called Spartan Race. This concept that has been created is a very intense, as it is not entirely about strength of body but about the strength of heart. I myself hope that one day, I too can complete a Spartan Race, that one day I will be as strong as I can possibly be, and do things I never imagined. May this be my attempt at my own greatness, to show that I can do what I set out for myself to do.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how much like me your situation is. I just sat here and read the whole. entire. thing. with my jaw dropped. Like, wow. Someone feels exactly the same way I do.

    I want to tell you that I'm sorry. I myself, have no idea why the other person gets the best of both worlds.

    For me, he gets to be with someone else, and I am stuck alone, and upset, and he wants to be friends again. But why does he deserve my friendship. How can we stay so close when all I feel is just anger, and I feel like a section of my heart closed off from him. And like your situation too, our friendship was sort of based mostly on us liking each other.

    I really feel like the only way he'd understand was if I said, "No, let's no longer be friends." He'd get it then. But either way, things aren't going to be the same.

    But I wonder how he could leave me for someone I don't know, someone HE doesn't truly know either. Sucks a bunch. I just hope she's worth it, because, in a way, he just lost a damn good friend. Me. He fucked up.

    Anyway. I'm going through this right now, pretty much exactly. If you figure out how to work it out with her let me know, because I have no idea what to do.

    -Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such a deep and amazing post. You're a very good writer.. able to be so descriptive without giving away too much information. i can't say i know waht you're going through because i don't. but i do know love can make people do crazy things, most don't have reason behind them. it's just one of those things you have to pick up and move on from. I don't know how this girl can initiate going back to being friends. I hate to say if but if she says she can, then she didn't have too much emotionally invested in the relationship in the first place. I don't have any exes, but if i did i would never be able to be friends with him if we broke up. There's just too many memories, too many feelings, too much STUFF there that would not be able to just disappear...

    I wish you the best. i know this post was a while ago, so i hope all has turned out well for you.

    care to make an update post? :)

    xox rica
    www.unscriptedthouqhts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete