Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tell Me What I'm Looking For

I returned to school yesterday, leaving behind the relaxed and informal life once again for a more rigid military one. I am in no way sad to be back because I look forward to this semester as an opportunity to build upon the experiences of the past, to become better academically, mentally, and physically.

To sum up my first college trip, it was filled with plenty of snowboarding, video games, and friends.

Although there was not a lot of snow and half the trails were not open, we enjoyed what we got because simple enough, you have to keep on. The benefit to snowboarding during the week, was that the slopes were never crowded and we were able to gain some sense of proficiency. When not boarding, we typically stuck to several hours of Super Smash Bros Melee, as well as other games, while drinking large amounts of Dr. Pepper and Diet Sierra Mist.

Now back to the concept of school. I will be taking 19 credit hours and they are as follows:
  • Exploration Engineering Design
  • First-Year Writing
  • Calculus
  • Vector Geometry
  • Seapower and Maritime Affairs
  • Foundations of Physics 1 (Lab as well)
  • Fundamentals of Cadet Leadership
Lets just say it seems I have my work cut out for me, but I believe that if I apply myself well enough, chances are I should be able to do it. And now it shall be set, my goal is to have a 3.15 GPA for the semester which should bring up my overall GPA to at least a 3.0.


5 comments:

  1. Extreme winter sports are my life right now, (outside of school).
    I'm going snowboarding 2-3 days this week, and loving it.
    But really, what is it with the lack of snow?

    The courses you're taking this semester that seem the most interesting are Writing, Seapower and Engineering.
    Good luck keeping up your GPA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say, I really am jealous. I would love nothing more than to be able to go out more often

      Delete
  2. Hi, thanks for the comment! Yeah, I mean. Voldemort nose = turtle nose, basically.

    You are so lucky you got to snowboard, I've never skied or done anything of the sort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely something that if you ever have a chance, you need to take it, whether it be skiing or snowboarding. A lesson or two to get you started and then you'll be experiencing something amazing

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!! It made my day :)

    sam*

    ReplyDelete