Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 2: Hot Chocolate in Hand

Day 2. Where you’d like to be in 10 years.
This should be a simple enough thought. I will be six years removed from college, six years as an officer in the United States Navy. By this point I should already have received my Surface Warfare Officer pin as well as become an 0-3 or Lieutenant. I will have served my two sea tours, probably stationed once near home and then the second one overseas maybe in Asia or Europe. In ten years I should be in the middle of my first shore tour. I am not sure if it would be maybe somewhere cool, possibly Australia or some other cool location from which I can launch some cool world travels. Or maybe I'll be stationed at a university NROTC unit or the Naval Academy as an instructor while getting my Master's degree. At this point maybe I will be happily married to a woman I can see as anything but amazing. Maybe we'll have our first kid around this time, someone I can bring up in this world to be an amazing man or woman. 

Sadly this can only be what I hope to have in ten years. There are no guarantees, nothing anyone can truly promise. But in the end at least I know what I want, something that I will strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment