Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 12: Box of Food

Day 12. Your dream college.
I feel like I picked the college where I want to be. Virginia Tech is a very spirited university, people on campus bleed Maroon and Orange in so many ways. Who even knew those two colors could go together so well. Every football games the stadium is always packed. They say Lane is one of the toughest places for any other team to play. The stands shake as Metallica's "Enter Sandman" plays and the crowd starts jumping.

Beyond football, Virginia Tech offers so many different opportunities. My favorite is the fact that there is a sailing club, I want nothing more than to hit the water come this spring. As well, the Corp of Cadets has offered me this unique chance to experience a side of the campus life most barely know a thing about.  

There is so much about this school that I love. There is not really anything that comes to mind that I do not like. I'm proud to say that I am a Hokie. Gobble Gobble.

When I first walked into my room I had this mentality. This whole concept of fast angry rhymes, flowing lyrics, and a sick guitar. But then next up on my iTunes was this:

And my mood just mellowed out. This song just shut me down, but it made me happy. Better yet satisfied. I'm in a good place, I'm happy to be me right now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you love your college! I hope things go that way for me someday, and yes, music influences the mood I'm in. It's got a big impact sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *smiles* that's the beauty of music, it can transport you seamlessly from one emotion to another.

    I love how you described you school spirit. I feel that way about several things, this real pride almost. I love Enter Sandman too.

    I've been to the mountain about 6 days this winter, and I'm hoping to squeeze in one more if I can afford the time. Snowboarding is this huge obsession of mine.
    There's nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete