Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for Pool

For some time I've loved the sport of swimming. Although when I first started it might have been by my own accord, I'm glad I was forced into it. And I am very thankful for my five active years in the sport.

But truth is, I have too much on my plate to commit to the sport in college. So although I wish I could do it on some competitive level, swimming will have to wait till sometime down the line.

Last summer I took a step in a different direction. I volunteered to coach my old Y swim team for their summer league. I would spend over thirty hours a week on that pool deck. Half of that time life guarding  and the other half coaching.

Yet despite only being paid for half my time, it was a very rewarding experience. And I look forward to doing it again. Helping these kids become better swimmers just warms my heart. So while I might not return to the sport to race ever again, I'd be more than happy to stick to the coaching side of things.

P is for Pictures of You - The Last Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are still participating in the sport on a volunteer level, helping others succeed at something you enjoy but don't have the time to devote to wholeheartedly. Yet you donate what time you have to them. Good for you! Found your blog through A-Z - happy blogging!
    Elaine, www.spontaneoussputterings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete