Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Letter To Your Sibling

You are an asshole. Yes, that is something I believe to be true about you. You never seem to care about what I want. And even when circumstances call it unfair, you will still take the unfair route. I really get sick and tired of the way you treat me whenever I am home. And whatever little excitement I might ever have of getting to go home and see you, it quickly dissipates when i re-realize that you're an asshole.

Regardless, I do find myself proud of the route you eventually took. You decided to enlist after college didn't work out, and I find myself in a reverent state in regards to the men and women in uniform. Hopefully you will live up to the good name of the uniform, and be the type of sailor I hope to lead one day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, this could have easily been a message sent to me by some of my siblings.

    Well, part of it anyways.

    ReplyDelete