Monday, February 11, 2013

A Letter To A Stranger

I don't know you. And you don't know me. That is the reason why our relationship is defined the way it is. I don't even have a clue as to what your name is. All I know about you in this brief moment that you have my focus is what you're wearing, and how you're acting.

They say don't judge a book by its cover. Why would I not come to some conclusion by how you appear to me? There wouldn't be any sort of stereotypes if they weren't based in truth. The fact that you might be wearing pajamas out in public says that you're more concerned with self comfort than presenting a good image. What other justifications could you have for being dressed that way?

What about the time you crossed the street? All by yourself. Everyone else was gonna let the car go. It was waiting there for plenty long, and more cars waiting behind it. But there was you, on your cell phone, who stepped onto the street. What if the driver didn't see you? You would have been a part of the pavement.

Moments like those are why I don't want to get to know you. Why I want our relationship to stay the way it is already.

So I just move on, nothing changes, and the world keeps turning. Who even knows if I'll see you again, and if I do, would I even remember. Cause you are a stranger, what would I remember about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment