Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Letter To Someone You Judged By Their First Impression

While introducing myself I offer my hand to you to shake. That initial moment is when I start to figure out whether I like you or not. One's handshake offers little into what type of person you are. Maybe it might say that your strong grip relates to you having a dominating personality, but it could easily mean that you were raised to shake hands when meeting someone. 

From then on, your mannerisms, how you convey what you choose to say, or lack of what you say builds my first impression of you. Whenever our first encounter, I come out with an initial judgement of whether or not I like you.

But the thing is, just because I judged you by my first impression, doesn't mean that it remains permanent. Unless, you entirely rub me the wrong way, I would be more than willing to have more encounters with you. Rather that first impression will slightly dictate how I might act around you initially  it would still be possible for me to be a welcoming individual.

1 comment:

  1. Just swinging by from the A to Z April Blogging Challenge as one of Arlee Bird's Ambassadors. Hmm, for a virtual handshake, this post left a fairly strong first impression. Always helps to keep an open mind. Good luck in April!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete