Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Letter To Someone That Changed Your Life

Whenever we allow anyone into our lives, we typically give them the chance to influence who we are in some way or another. Even those that we have no choice but to accept into our lives can have the same effect.

Part of my decision to become an officer for the US Navy was because I want to be a leader. So what better way to become a good leader than to go to a senior military college with an extensive history of educating fine military and civilian leaders.

The five people that changed how I view leadership most directly were my cadre during my freshman year. These five cadets were examples of what the Corp of Cadets can do for their members.

So, my cadre, I thank you for what you did for me. You showed me what kind of leader I want to be. One who cares for his subordinates, but is stern when necessary. A leader that motivates his subordinates to give it their all for whatever task they are given.

1 comment:

  1. How great that you acknowledged your cadre. Sometimes we forget to give thanks for our experiences or people ho influenced in some way whether large or small.
    See you on the A-Z!

    ReplyDelete