Thursday, October 21, 2010

What'cha See?

Today, I took a huge step forward in my list, but did not exactly cross anything off. In the realm of learning to play guitar, my teacher decided to allow us to play a song we wanted to play, with other people in the class if we so wanted to. Originally I was thinking playing Tom Petty's Free Falling, because it was a song I've already learned to play and really only playing.
But I decided I wanted a challenge. Part of me wasn't interested in the sole act of playing by myself so I joined up with my friend Matthew, who is actually in the band, Hardly Endangered. Playing with the lead guitarist of a famous band within my school was a little advantage, but I knew it would be fun to do so. Keeping it simple, he took lead vocals and while I we were both playing the same part of the song, I sang back up for the chorus.
Of course, the song, I know we both have fun performing it, and as we played Nickelback's This Afternoon, it all came together with some form of unison. Although all the mistakes were on my part, they came at good enough times that the song flowed without any true hitches. I could get used to this performing thing.

2 comments:

  1. Yay that's awesome Kris!
    Free Falling by Tom Petty is amazing.... I'm just going to say that now.
    I was DJing at a party recently, and I have a feeling you would have approved.
    It's funny, I just thought that to myself.

    I also love those local "famous" bands. I have about 10 that I absolutely love including my friend Dana who is a brilliant musician in her own right.

    All this being said, I have huge issues with Nickelback that I am not going into right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever listened to John Mayer's cover of Free Fallin?

    ReplyDelete