Monday, September 3, 2012

Dreams of war, Dreams of lies, Dreams of DRAGON'S FIRE


Some might question, what in the world was that video. Obviously I haven't posted in what has been more than just a few months, and to those of you who are still active in the blogging world, I hope you forgive me and bear with me as I attempt to blog more, with some consistency. And to those of you who might be knew, well, you might be in for a treat (kind of), plus I always look forward to finding new blogs that I enjoy reading.

Alright, back to the matter at hand, the video above. Of course one might easily deduce that it is a filming of Metallica. Now some years ago, the Virginia Tech football program wanted to choose an entrance song for the team to enter too. The decision ended up being the famous song, Enter The Sandman by the aforementioned Metallica. Somehow, the concept of jumping whenever the song plays came about, and from then on, the rest is history.

Now, Lane Stadium (The Virginia Tech football stadium) is considered one of the toughest places to play despite its size. Consider trying to play with 66,000 screaming fans at the top of their lungs. The opposition normally would falter. Trying to score the winning touchdown for the visiting team, one could say, they would  more than likely choke. Add in the fact that these 66,000 fans are jumping, rocking the the stands as they cheer on the defense to cut them off. How can you expect to win?


I've never been much into football, its just something I would watch occasionally, and maybe the Superbowl but otherwise, there are things I'd typically rather watch. Since coming to Virginia Tech, I have become swept up in this phenomena, and loving every moment of it. 

They say Blacksburg is a drinking town with a football problem, and although I don't drink, I do have the very same problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment