Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ones and Zeroes

     Girl Who Appreciates Your Artistic Efforts :),
I'm very glad you enjoyed the tattoo design that I drew up of the words "Io Sogno" or translated into English "I dream." As you stated that you have lengthened the wording of your possible desired tattoo, I can not guarantee that I will not send another design on the back of a postcard again, or in the more appropriate medium of travel, a envelope which would allow for more space to fit the whole phrase, "Io sogno. Io scrivo. Io vivo."
Very Respectfully,
     Boy with the Navy Diver Postcard

For the past several years I have been intrigued by the concept of tattoo art. The use of one's body, a limited space, to say so much is a fascinating medium to me. The meanings to their owners can add another layer of literacy to the ink on their skin. 

A space as small as a postcard can lead way to something that means so much more to one person could truly understand. If only I could simply come up with the ideas, I would do it so much more, small pieces of paper, anything really to just come up with some image that can mean so much to someone.

Now, the Navy Diver Postcard I chose, is just one of a stack I received from a Navy Recruiter. I love water in so many forms, I love thunderstorms, I love snowboarding, to swim, to sail. Water leads to me being more comfortable that I do on land. It would make me happy to one day be a Navy Dive Officer, to be paid to be in the water, but primarily, I want to be in the Navy. I want to make my life from the sea, how ever that might be. And therefore, I Dream.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you started blogging again!
    I love the idea of postcard writing, my mom sends postcards to people in other countries and they send her one back. It's so so cool.

    Best of luck, I know you'll make it to the Navy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi piace questo.
    And I do appreciate your work :)

    ReplyDelete