Thursday, November 10, 2011

Promises I Can't Keep

Today I rolled my BDU sleeves up today. Simple enough, BDU stands for Battle Dress uniform, an is the forest green camo worn by part of the military world. It is one of the benefits of attending a Senior Military College, because once a week I get the chance to wear, camo and have a perfectly valid reason to do so. The one thing that I do not exactly like about it is that BDUs are not the unifrom I will be wearing when I go out into the fleet after commissioning. The United States Navy currently issues Navy Work Uniforms, or NWUs, which is the blue digital camo that would do nothing if one fell into the ocean, cause what good would that do? Anyways, I am excited for Spring Semester when I shall be issued my NWUs, and will be allowed to wear them rather than BDUs.
Now back to the rolling up of my sleeves. It in fact was my first time, and it felt like a win. First off, it was quite warm in the Chemistry building, and I for once desired to roll up my sleeves. It felt kinda cool to do so while in my Chem Lab, and afterwards I did not want to pull them down, so I just left them up. Note, it was somewhere between 48 to 35 degrees outside, so it was slightly cold. It wasn't all that bad, I might add, and I do enjoy cold weather. Despite probably some glances at me, conveying other's thoughts of my insanity, I must admit, I am really glad I did it. Rolling up my sleeves did in fact make me feel good, and was a nice pick me up.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not that crazily off - I was just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, read my earlier posts - they're less creepy and strange, and I actually put thought into them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have BDUs! Real, military issue ones at that. Where I live, it's way too cold to have the sleeves rolled though. Winter regs say its a safety hazard anyway. Are you ROTC or at an academy?

    ReplyDelete