Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trying To Keep My Chin Up

I have not been exactly going through the best of times lately. A lot has changed in my life in the past couple months. Pretty much all of this revolves around the whole concept of going to college. The academics side has not been the easiest to transition to, as college work is plenty harder than high school. At least I have grown used to it and have found my groove. Things no longer throw me for a loop as I can now go with the flow.
Outside of that good, things are not always great. For one, participating in a military program at a public university is not always fun, and in fact can be kind of stressful as well as tiring. Although the regimented lifestyle does keep me in line, I now realize that I used to take certain freedoms for granted. At least their are some benefits to the Corp of Cadets. I have done some cool things such as run an obstacle course, and do a forty foot rappel tower. As well as getting to wear a cool uniform, the Corp is probably a good decision with several benefits, and I am getting better with coping with the stress.
Now recently I have reached a sad point in my life, and it seems to be hard to go on in college. I am a person that looks forward to certain events, and doing so gives me more strength to make it through the days. Losing a large part of my future plans, I somewhat find it hard to get through the day and even a part of me loses motivation. And to try and get me through these next couple weeks till Thanksgiving, and the couple weeks following to Winter Break, I did take some times to find some quotes.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." -- Wayne Dyer
"Do you know who you are? Don't Ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Either you run the day or it runs you." -- Jim Rohn
"I don't believe you have to be better than anybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -- Ken Venturi
"If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud." -- Emile Zola

No comments:

Post a Comment