Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Two-sday

Finally, today in physics class, I was able to shoot off my catapult. Despite leaving my catapult in class before the winter break, now with school having resumed, we did the measurements. My catapult was able to fling the ping-pong ball a distance of sixteen feet. Maybe not much, but I do know that it was my catapult that I built on my own.
Swim practice resumed today for both my high school team and my Y team. Having a two week break made it hard to get back into the routine but it did end up feeling good. Of course, my masochistic side was happy as various abdomen regiments and push ups were added, the pain can feel really good.
I received an awesome addition to my couple of stickers placed on the rear window of my car. First off was the one stating, "Instant swimmer, just add water." Also, I received another saying, "Its not how fast you swim, its not how far you swim, its how far you swim fast." Of course that was a tribute more so to a distance swimmer, but the motivational level did make it necessary to add it as well.

7 comments:

  1. You're on both your school swim team AND a Y-team? How do you do that? Unless you're Aqua Man. Or a dolphin. In which case it would be the most logical decision to make.

    Your masochistic side sounds far more productive than mine. Mind just makes me want to off myself with safety scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AQUA MAN!!!
    I like that Christopher....

    I once built a catapult. Or I watched a catapult be built, and gave back-seat-driver-like advice. Details, details. Wait, maybe it was a trebuchet.

    I love that feel of pushing yourself to a higher level. Best kind of pain.

    Love the instant swimmer one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you're such a good swimmer. I can barely doggy paddle to the deep end and back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I'm really not that good of a swimmer, and regarding two teams, its not difficult considering I can only make one of the Y practices once a week, and my high school practices four days a week, so its pretty chill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I LOVE THIS BLOG.

    *coughs* Ahem. Sorry...

    Hai I'm Eeshie. Yes, I'm going on random people's blogs, trying to find some good stuff to read (because half of these blogs are on stamps or parents and their kids ugh) and this blog has interested me. You should be very proud.

    ANYWAY, I would be totally honored (and you know, might even faint) if you took a look at my blog. Here it is, in all it's glory:

    idontskinnydipichunkydunk.blogspot.com

    So. I would give you a big toothy grin right now, but I'm limited to the keyboard. So...

    :D

    ReplyDelete