Wednesday, December 29, 2010

His Name Is Mango

Today, I had an amazing day doing something I never saw myself doing before. It was just really cool. With my group we visited Crystal River in Florida. While there, we snorkled and swam with the manatees. There was something spiritual about these creatures as they calmly move around. My favorite moment was when a calf swam by me pretty much begging to be petted. But along came its mother out of nowhere scaring me, but it was just comforting knowing that these fascinating mammals trusted me and that I could trust them, it was beautiful. I would never trade this memory for anything. Oh and by the way, the picture is my super cute and amazing girlfriend Sarah, holding a stuffed manatee

3 comments:

  1. Your girlfriend is beautiful, and the the manatee is adorable.

    I can't imagine how it would be to swim with a manatee.
    Interesting.

    ReplyDelete