Tuesday, July 6, 2010

815 left

Finally, it has begun. Last week I spent five days and four nights with less than 20 hours of sleep, using my time to sail. In no way am I complaining and in fact, I enjoyed the time spent on the water. But now I am back to my somewhat normal schedule, which is erratically sprayed with time at work and with friends.
But for a moment, lets talk world cup. The USA vs. Algeria match, which was to determine if the USA would move on was fate defying. With a victory needed, time slowly went on as the game remained scoreless, including a disallowed goal. Yet, it wasn't over, not until it was over. While at work, I passed an on television while grabbing my lunch. It, of course, was tuned to the USA vs. Algeria match. The time: Stoppage. There was only three minutes left when Donovan made the pass, which when in the box, was stopped by the keeper, but behold, there comes Donovan right behind the loose ball. A simple kick and the American dream was restored.
Sadly it did not last, in the match vs. Ghana, the USA was eliminated. What matters most is the fact that from the jaws of elimination, the USA was saved, when everyone was sure they would be gone, they came back.
As I was unable to watch several of the recent matches, because I was sailing, I kept myself posted, and am now rooting for Spain, with currently, this World Cup's Highest Scorer, David Villa. With their next match against Germany, I have faith that my Hispanic Brethren shall defeat the German National Team.
Now back to what has begun. Today, after a failure to launch yesterday, I have begun quest to prepare for the upcoming high school swim season. Which, actually, is in the winter. But that is not the point. What matters is that it is my last season in high school as I will be a senior, but I may not continue competing in college, there is the possibility that nothing will materialize in any level of competition. As of right now, I'm starting out slow, taking it easy, and come this winter, I plan to reach as high as I can, cause when you reach for the stars, you're sure to land in the clouds (That was extremely cliche, even for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment